St. John's wort is an herb that has been used by folk healers for years to treat inflammation and stomach ulcers, urinary tract diseases and other ailments.
St. John's wort for men is known as an aphrodisiac and has a healing effect on the prostate gland and male potency.
Useful properties for men
St. John's wort contains many useful and active substances that are comprehensively useful for humans:
- Hypericin- an antimicrobial (even against Staphylococcus aureus), an antidepressant pigment that promotes the production of "happiness hormones" (serotonin and melatonin);
- quercetin, which has anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor effects, relieves swelling and cramps, normalizes blood circulation, as well as has an allergic and diuretic effect;
- Amenoflavones and procyanideswhich help heal wounds and inflammations, improve digestion, have a vasodilating effect.
What are the health benefits of St. John's wort?
Its medicinal properties are manifested in the treatment of the following diseases:
- St. John's wort has astringent and antibacterial effects in intestinal disorders and inflammation;
- bloating and gastric colic - a decrease in fermentation processes in the digestive system;
- with stones or dyskinesia in the bile ducts - choleretic effect;
- with various inflammations of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, ulcers, enteritis, cholecystitis, inflammation of the pancreas) - relieves the inflammatory process;
- in case of vasospasm, the benefits of St. John's wort are manifested in the effect of dilating and strengthening blood vessels, it also improves the blood circulation of the body;
- used to treat high blood pressure, migraines;
- to relieve inflammation of the prostate in men;
- diseases of the respiratory system (tonsillitis, bronchitis, tuberculosis);
- antioxidant properties are used in the treatment of cancer processes;
- helps relieve depression and treat chronic fatigue with minimal side effects (compared to medications);
- in skin diseases - treatment of bed sores, wounds, ulcers and burns;
- St. John's wort used in men is used in the form of tinctures and decoctions.
How does St. John's wort affect potency?
The main properties of St. John's wort that determine its effect on potency are its ability to dilate blood vessels, antidepressants and anti-inflammatory effects. How does St. John's wort affect potency? When used, the glands are stimulated and the production of androgens is increased. This combination of healing effects can improve a man’s well-being and positively affect his potency.
One of the positive effects of St. John's wort is the solution of potency problems due to psychological causes. . St. John's wort tincture helps reduce irritation, relieve fatigue and cope with depression and blueness. Men treated with St. John’s wort tinctures believe that such treatment is effective in increasing potency.
How to use St. John's wort for men?
You can also add nettle leaves, rosehips or hawthorn to the decoction.
St. John's wort consumed by men is used in the form of a decoction or tincture:
- Water infusion:Take 10 g of herbs (you can take fresh or dry chopped), pour 1 tbsp. boiling water and infuse for half an hour. After filtering the infusion in 50 ml 3 r. a day before meals.
- Vodka tincture. Pour 100 g of chopped grass into 0. 5 liters of vodka, place in a dark, cool place for 10 days, then strain. Drink 40-50 caps. three times daily before meals.
- Hypericum extract. 4 tablespoons. l. mix the herbs with 100 ml of 70% alcohol, allow to cook for 10 days. Then strain and drink 15-20 drops. before meals 3 p. in a day.
- Decoction. 10 g of grass pour 1 tbsp. boil with water and on low heat for 15 minutes, cool and filter. Decoction drink three times a day before meals.
The duration of such infusions should not be long so as not to have the opposite effect if it causes premature ejaculation and reduces the potential.
Experts recommend drinking such drinks and teas containing St. John's wort no more than twice a month.
Contraindications and side effects
St. John's wort should not be drunk by men with the following health problems:
- inflammatory kidney disease and cirrhosis of the liver;
- the possibility of allergic reactions in the body;
- high blood pressure (taking St. John’s wort tinctures increases blood pressure).
Attention!Do not stay in the sun for a long time during treatment with St. John's wort, as there is an increased sensitivity to sunlight and the risk of burns during this period.
It should be noted that long-term treatment with such herbs can cause a number of negative side effects:
- allergic reactions and decreased male potency;
- liver damage manifested by painful feelings under the ribs on the right side, a feeling of bitterness, stool disturbances and loss of appetite;
- nausea, vomiting, headache;
- smoked foods, marinades, chocolate products, coffee, and alcohol in the diet should be restricted when using this herb.
Important!When using antidepressants, it is strictly forbidden to drink tea containing St. John's wort, which can cause nerve disorders, headaches and dizziness, loss of consciousness.
Because of the potential for adverse effects, consult your doctor before taking such herbs for advice on proper dosing and duration of treatment.
You better be careful
As can be seen from the above, St. John's wort has a rather strong effect on the human and especially the male body. Therefore, the benefits and harms of taking St. John's wort for men depend on the doses indicated and the duration of treatment prescribed by your doctor.